ServiceMaster Mold Remediation Services Chicago
The Challenges of Mold:
Mold contamination continues to receive increased attention in the media and is a rapidly growing concern for homeowners, property managers, insurance providers, and restoration companies. Indoor mold contamination is a major contributor to allergies and poor indoor air quality. Despite the rapidly growing body of knowledge about mold, it remains the subject of a lot of confusion. We hope that this information will help you to make better decisions and confirm whether or not you require mold remediation services.
What is Mold?
Molds are fungi that are found both indoors and outdoors. According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), there are and estimated tens of thousands to perhaps three hundred thousand or more different species of mold.
Where Does Mold Come From?
Molds grow best in warm, damp, and humid conditions. It spreads by making microscopic spores that are airborne. Mold spores can survive harsh environmental conditions, such as dry conditions, that do not support normal mold growth.
- Mold can grow in as little as 48 hours.
- Molds thrive in moist environments created by a flood, slow leak, broken pipe, or just high humidity.
- Molds need an organic food source. One common food source is cellulose, which is found in building materials such as wood and drywall.
Is Mold Preventable?
Yes. In the event of a water leak or spill, time is of the essence. Dry materials that are wet or damp within 24 to 48 hours. It is unlikely that mold will grow if you do this. If materials or areas remain wet, it is inevitable that mold will start to grow. In this case, Mold Remediation Services are needed.
Be proactive and keep indoor humidity low, ideally between 30 and 50 percent relative humidity.
- Measure humidity levels with a humidity meter. This inexpensive device will let you easily check the humidity in your home or office, and is an easy way to prevent mold-inducing conditions.
- If you see moisture on windows, walls or pipes, dry the wet surface immediately. Condensation can be a sign of high humidity.
- Ventilate showers and cooking areas.
- Use a dehumidifier and air conditioner during especially humid months.
Remember: Where there’s moisture, there’s mold!
What We Do
There may be a time when mold growth is completely unavoidable. Whether it is an undetected pipe or roof leak, the discovery of existing mold, or the result of a flood, you will need highly skilled experts to restore mold damage. When you’re faced with this situation at home or at your business, ServiceMaster Mold Remediation Services in Chicago is here to help.
- ServiceMaster Restoration by RCS is committed to maintaining a reasonable, prudent, and responsible position.
- All ServiceMaster Restore Quality Restoration Vendors have completed intensive mold remediation training and received instruction in the proper procedures for handling Mold Remediation Services.
- All are prepared to handle small (10 square feet or less) and isolated areas affected by mold that may be encountered in the course of normal water damage mitigation services.
- A large number of our franchises are trained and certified to perform larger mold remediation projects.
Take action at the first sign of mold. If the mold growth already seems large, call the experts at ServiceMaster Restoration by RCS in Chicago.
ServiceMaster Restoration by RCS
Address: 939 W. North Ave. Suite 750
Chicago, IL 60642