Commercial Mold Remediation
If a mold inspection reveals high levels of mold, it is important to call in the experts to remove and remediate.
What Is Mold Remediation?
Mold remediation is the process of finding the source of the mold, containing the mold into one area, and then removing it from the air and affected materials.
How Does the Mold Remediation Process Work?
Mold and mildew removal starts with a thorough inspection of the property. Your ServiceMaster RCS professional will look for mold that is visible, as well as mold that is hidden. Once the mold and its source are found, we will start on the following steps for professional, efficient mold removal:
- We contain the mold in an isolated area to keep it from spreading. We do this with a combination of physical barriers and air pressure.
- We use air filtration technology that manipulates negative air to gather up the mold spores and remove them from the air. This process also helps to keep the mold from spreading through the building ventilation systems.
- We remove moldy materials. It is important to completely remove materials that are infested with mold. This might mean just a chemical treatment in the area affected for light mold, or it could mean completely taking out a damp carpet, removing parts of drywall, or even affected furniture if the mold is more severe.
- Cleaning the rest of the area is the next step. Your ServiceMaster Restore® professional will clean furniture, curtains, and other items that are restorable. There are many different cleaning tools and products available to our trained professionals that we use to clean and sanitize.
- The last step is the restoration process. If mold growth has damaged parts of the building, we will assess repair needs. Replacing drywall and installing a new carpet are also a part of the restoration process.